The powerful of soap refining is directly linked to the number of the Refining Stages. The mainly configurations of the soap finishing line with different refining stages are:
• 1 Simplex Plodder and 1 Duplex Vacuum Plodder --> n° 2 refining stages
• 1 Roll Mill and 1 Duplex Vacuum Plodder --> n° 2.5 refining stages
• 1 Duplex Refiner Plodder and 1 Duplex Vacuum Plodder --> n° 3 refining stages
• 1 Simplex Plodder, 1 Roll Mill and 1 Duplex Vacuum Plodder --> n° 3.5 refining stages
• 1 Special Duplex Vacuum Plodder --> n° 4 refining stages
The use of dry soap noodles, especially if they include many dry specks, could required a pre-refining of noodles before the mixer. This operation can be done installing a simplex refiner plodder or a roll mill before the mixer. In this way the external dry part of the noodles is broken and the soap can absorb better the soap additives.
To avoid a cost of a simplex refiner plodder or a roll mill, a pelletizer can be used. A Pelletizer is similar to a simplex refiner plodder, but it assembled a short screw and a smaller motor size; moreover a soap pelletizer does not assemble any refining screen.