To use the Soap Calculators correctly and to well understand all parameters, read the following few lines below.
If you produce Handmade soap, choose SOAP CALCULATOR FOR HANDMADE SOAP.
If you are a Soap Factory, choose SOAP CALCULATOR FOR INDUSTRIAL SOAP.
OILS/FATTY ACIDS SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Select the oil / Fatty Acid that you want to use to produce your soap and click on the button "Add".
2. On the right enter the quantity (weight) of the selected oil and/or Fatty Acids that you want to use.
ALKALI & OTHER MATERIALS
- NaOH enter the % of the caustic soda solution in water that you want to use for the saponification.
- Additional H2O You are not forced to use this parameter: you can leave “0″ in each box. This parameter is useful if you want to add some additional Water (H2O) inside your soap recipe.
- Fragrances You are not forced to use this parameter: you can leave “0″ in each box.
- Super Fat You are not forced to use this parameter: you can leave “0″ in each box. This parameter is useful if you want to add some additional oil inside your soap recipe to produce a fat soap.
Inside this area, you can see all the most important parameters required to produce the desired soap.
In this sections, when you press the button “calculate”, the following parameters are calculated.
- ANHYDROUS SOAP This value shows the soap produced without considering the Water and the Glycerin.
- GLYCERINE This value shows the quantity of Glycerin generated by the Saponifciation Process. This value change because it is linked to the specific type of Oil/Fat.
- WATER is the quantity of water inside your soap; it is the water inside of your caustic soda solution. in case " Fatty Acids for Industrial Soap Calculator " it is the water produced during the neutralization of fatty acids.
- TFM is the Total Fatty Matter % inside your Soap.
- VIRUTALTFM is the Total Fatty Matter + half % of glycerin inside your Semi Boiled Soap.
- MOISTURE This value shows the quantity of Water (H2O) inside your soap. This value increase adding Additional Water.
calculation is based on the input parameters.
- NaOH This value shows the quantity of Pure Caustic Soda (NaOH) required to saponify your recipe.
- Carbonic Chains: % of each fatty acid in your soap.
- Specification of produced soap, like hardness, cleasing, condition, bubbly and creamy.